Sunday, December 15, 2013

2013 Songs of the Year

2013 – Songs of the Year
Brian Killips

You crazy kids are lucky I didn’t list 50 songs for the top songs of 2013!  I know I left songs off that I will immediately think of as soon as this is submitted.  Oh well.  Rock on!


11.  Suit and Tie – Justin Timberlake. I wanted to hate JT for so long.  Not possible any more.  The kid’s got mad talent!

10. Ohm – Yo La Tengo.  A new offering from YLT?  Classic YLT sound?  YES!

9.  Ya Hey – Vampire Weekend.  Nerdy, weird and totally Vampire Weekend.

8.  Better Days – Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes.  Impossible not to smile when listening to Edward Sharpe!

7.  A New Life – Jim James.  Not an MMJ rocker but still 100% Jim James.  I love it.

6.  Royals – Lorde.  I will call you a liar if you did not dig this song the first time you heard it.

5.  Agape – Bear’s Den.  Loved it from the first strum of the banjo.

4.  Always Alright – Alabama Shakes.  Brittany Howard is the best female lead in Rock.  Their debut of this on SNL was the best music appearance on that show all season.

3.  Reflektor – Arcade Fire.  They’re back! 

2.  Elephant – Jason Isbell.  Top songwriter in the game right now.  Holy shit is this song powerful. 


1.  Song for Zula – Phosphorescent.  If you don’t know you better…well, you know.  Brilliant, timeless song and my choice for song of the year.

5 comments:

  1. Song for Zula is flat-out beautiful! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is also a very good post which I really enjoy reading. It is not everyday that I have the possibility to see something like this. 야동비즈

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you 한국야동

    ReplyDelete