Sunday, December 15, 2013

2013 Albums of the Year

2013 – Albums of the Year
Brian Killips

Call me a pretentious music snob all you want…I still believe I have yet to hear the best album of 2013.  There are just too many great albums to listen to in a given year.  Perhaps I will not hear the 2013 album of the year until 2030.  Because Dennis made me, here is my top five of 2013.  They will, inevitably change the minute I submit this.

5.  Kurt Vile – Walking on a Pretty Daze
4.  Dawes – Stories Don’t End
3. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes – Self Titled
2.  Jason Isbell – Southeastern

1.  Arcade Fire- Reflektor

3 comments:

  1. I'll be looking for an update in 2030!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I will have the balls to listen to Miley Cyrus by then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you don't have the wrecking balls to listen to it now...
      don't worry, you didn't miss anything! gotta check out that magnetic zeroes album- never heard them but i hear a lot of lovely things 'bout 'em.

      Delete