Tuesday, October 22, 2013

St. Lucia - When the Night


I know I know....not only was I over a week late, I am submitting someone I've already done. This is the debut full length album to complete St. Lucia's original EP (which was my first review). If you enjoy dancing to 80's synth pop when no one is looking like me you have to add this record to your collection. It is a nice change of direction from the typical indie frontline these days. Most of the goodies from his EP are on this album with of course the addition of a handful of new nuggets of listening pleasure. He is playing in Atlanta at the Buckhead theatre on a Monday, November 11. I'll be headed that way, plenty of room. Grab your slap bracelets, tease your hair, and lets party like its 1999.

-Ryan O'Hagan


No comments:

Post a Comment