Friday, June 27, 2014

The War On Drugs - Lost in the Dream

Released March 18th 2014

My first thought was to write "eat your heart out Kurt Vile, these guys are what you've been looking for." When in fact, he found them a long time ago. And by found I mean was a founding member of the band back in the day. He's a real one-upper. 
Second thought had something to do with why didn't I hear this when it came out three months ago. According to my March post I was listening to Phantogram. On a different speed I guess.

In any case, it's probably a little too early for me to be writing a few paragraphs of gush as I've owned the album for less than 24 hours. So I'll tell you what everyone tells you about them. It's like a depressed Tom Petty. Or a depressed, less cheesy, less huge band, and less gutteral noisy Springsteen. They're right, it is. It's fluid. It's the Quaker State at it's finest. Down to the ground dramatic melodies that move you all over. The guys says, "In the moment of suffering, like a feeling that you gave me, like a snow flake through the fire, I'll be frozen in time, babe, but you'll be here suffering." C'mon now.

If you're trying to get hooked, look no further:


with love

Dennis


No comments:

Post a Comment